Elder Kim B. Clark:
D&C 42:6-8 - describes the Lord's missionaries.
Missionaries who can light a fire a within a ward
- Obedience - willingly listen to leaders
- Work Hard - pray hard, study, find, contact, love, work
- Have the spirit of the Lord
- Love the People - interested in members
Moses 6:31-34 - Enoch - open your mouth, it will be filled. All thy words will I justify.
3 Nephi 18:24-25 end of the first day in Bountiful
Pray every morning and every night that you will have the spirit to be with you.
When you hear little voices in your head saying "You are awesome" say This is an Alma 26 experience.
How do you preach the gospel 100% when you aren't sure of everything? You don't want to be hypocrite. Elder Holland says, "Rely on the faith you already have. Act on that faith."
Distress and contention in my zone. What can I do to help? It is what you do, not what you say. It is your example that is most powerful.
- Teach the truth
- Invite to act
- Promise blessings
How can you achieve teaching through the spirit?
- Teach investigators--not lessons.
- Prepare to teach the person. Pray about them
- Seek revelation - write a lesson down
- Put lesson in coat pocket - Listen to understand the investigator.
Mission should be foundation for your whole life. Don't treat the two years as an episode.
Heavenly Father knows and loves you. You are unique in His creation. No one else is like you. He put you in a situation where you are suited. Trust Him. You are His missionary. He will go with you. Look to Him. Seek the Holy Ghost. Love the people.